The Staff Selection Commission or SSC exam is one of the most awaited government exams in India. There are various categories of exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. The most important and sought after exams are the SSC CGL and SSC CHSL examination.
The SSC Notification 2020 will provide all the relevant details about the exams mentioned above such as Application Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Recruitment & Vacancies, etc.
In this article, the details regarding both the SSC CGL and SSC CHSL exams are provided.
SSC CGL Exam
The CGL stands for Combined Graduate Level Examination. The basic eligibility criteria for this CGL exam is mentioned below:
- Citizenship– Must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan
- SSC CGL Age Limit- Must be between the age group of 18 years to 32 years
- Qualification- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- Physical Fitness– Only for candidates for certain posts like Inspector, Sub- Inspector, etc.
This year the SSC Notification 2020 for CGL exam is expected to be released in September. The notification for SSC CGL exam 2019 was released on 22nd October 2019. For the upcoming SSC CGL exam, candidates should be well-prepared as there is much time before the exam. The tentative month of SSC CGL 2020 exam is October.
As the 2019 CGL vacancies were 8582, there is a lot of hope for aspirants to qualify this exam and get into desired posts for the current year 2020.
The preparation strategies for the CGL exam is mentioned below:
- Candidates should keep track of any upcoming changes related to dates, syllabus, pattern, etc. SSC Notification 2020 should be checked for on a daily basis.
- Candidates should practice for the SSC CGL Previous Year Question Paper for a thorough understanding of the level and scope of the exam
- Having the right set of SSC CGL Books and study material is very crucial from the preparation point of view.
- Candidates preparing for the SSC CGL exam should also take SSC CGL mock test and make their preparation better.
SSC CHSL Exam
The Combined Higher Secondary Level examination is another important SSC exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
The basic eligibility for this SSC exam is mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be nationals of India, Nepal, Bhutan
- Age Limit: Candidates must be between the age group of 18 years to 27 years.
- Qualifications: Candidates must be 12th pass or equivalent from a recognized board of a university.
As per a recent notice issued by the Staff Selection Commission with respect to the current scenario due to COVID-19, the SSC CHSL Exam has been postponed due to outbreak of the pandemic.
The new exam dates for SSC CHSL 2020 shall be updated soon on SSC official website. However, the SSC Notification 2020 for the CHSL exam is expected to be released in November/December this year.
But, the preparation must be very effective as candidates are getting a break due to the above-mentioned factor.
The best preparation strategies for the SSC CHSL exam is mentioned below:
- Candidates must not be panic due to this current scenario but make the best possible use of their time to prepare for the SSC Exam by studying as per the CHSL exam pattern and syllabus.
- Candidates should visit the SSC official website on a regular basis
- The right set of study material will also go a long way in creating a clear concept of the topics covered in the SSC CHSL Exam.
- Candidates preparing for SSC CHSL exam should practice numerous mock tests to have a better understanding of the concepts and topics covered.
The best preparation is the only way out to score well in the exam and this one preparation secret must be ingrained in the minds of aspirants of SSC Exam.